Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Keeping Kids Safe!!!!!

Hey all just want to let everyone know that tomorrow, on blogtalkradio, we are doing a show about keeping kids safe. We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and comments.

We need to keep the children in our lives safe. Let's share ideas on how to do so, let's open the conversation and let's make a difference in this big world.

I can't wait to hear from you. To join the conversation or simply listen in click here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanjsohn.

Have the best day.

Susan

1 comment:

catherine jayne said...

Hey Susan,
I remember an incident in grade 6 where one of my friends would bring Tylenol to school and distribute it to other students. The students who were taking the Tylenol didn't have an ache, or pain, rather they took the Tylenol just for the sake of it.
Wondering why anyone in their right mind would ever take a pill when they didn't have to (I had issues swallowing pills as a child) I asked my mum about it.
As a concerned mum she contacted the school just so the grade 6 teachers were aware of what was going on. Later that week the school nurse came into our classrooms and talked to us about taking medication; when it was necessary, when it wasn't necessary, what side affects you could experience etc.
That event sticks out in my mind as a time when my parents partnered with the other influential adults in my life to keep me and my classmates safe.
As someone who works in the childcare field I truly see the importance of partnering with parents to ensure that children are safe.
~cj

 
Clicky Web Analytics