Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello everyone. I hope this week has been amazing for all of you. Some exciting news to share with everyone ~ some of you may already know and if you do I hope you're listening and enjoying. If you don't know, I hope you'll join me on this endeavor. 

I have started hosting my own online radio show and I would love you to join the conversation. You can listen LIVE or ON DEMAND. There are three ways to join the conversation. It's TALK radio so you call, there is a webchat going on during each show (you just need to sign in and it only takes seconds to do) or you can simply listen. Just treat it like you would your favorite radio station and simply log in to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanjsohn and enjoy!

The show is on weekdays (mon-fri) at 9:30am mountain standard time. Hope you'll join us

Now for today's post......

Our Home
Last week my family and I spent a few days with my parents in their new home. The kids had time off school, busy schedules were relaxed and the homework put on hold (whew)!

I found myself in their new home, surrounded by the sights and sounds of their small town (to learn more about their picturesque town visit http://www.wolseleyonline.com) different to what we were used to on the farm. As I sat taking everything in I was quickly taken back to days of old.

This past Christmas I had the joy of spending a few hours at our family farm with my father. Those few hours I will remember forever. I spent my time in the house, allowing every one of my senses to be ignited by days gone by. In those moments a poem was birthed.

I hope you enjoy my personal journey.

Our Home by Susan J Sohn

Ticking Clock.
Smiling faces on the wall.
'God Bless this home' calls out to all.
A gentle reminder of the place I cherish, 'God gave men
all earth to love, but since our hearts are small,
ordained for each, one spot should prove beloved over all'.
No dog, it's sound, awaiting me.
The familiar smell, still holds the scent of our family.
Creaking floor beneath my feet.
Kitchen table stands strong... the memories.
Mirrors that once held our reflection, void of our pictures.
No roaring fire. Fireplace stands still, bare and cold.
Places we left, that mark our memories still remain.
I stand before the door, prepared to say good bye.
My heart is full
Forever, this will be our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, this must be about your parents house. Very moving. The house you grow up in always feels like home.
Sam.

Susan Sohn said...

absolutely Sammy. my home for sure!!!!! glad you liked it!
Susan

 
Clicky Web Analytics